What is Keakie:
Keakie is a new streaming platform for mixes, podcasts and radio shows. Our mission is to revolutionise music discovery and reveal entirely new worlds of music to listeners. With Keakie, listeners can experience the best that global music has to offer, whether that’s a specific sound, local scene or familiar favourites.
What we're looking for in a Keakie Curator:
A platform that puts discovery first needs the best and most diverse content for its users. A Keakie Curator is responsible for finding the best shows and bringing them onto Keakie in order to build up the highest quality and most diverse content for our listeners. You will work to ensure we achieve our show targets in line with our music policy.
As a Curator for the Caribbean region, you'll be part of a global network of curators, as well as an extended member of the Keakie team. You can work when you want and where you want as long as you're bringing on high quality content and hitting your monthly targets.
You will need to have a regional understanding of local music scenes and popular genres including Reggae, Dancehall, Dub, Ska, Soca, Zouk etc.
What you'll do:
- Keep your ear to the ground for your specific genre(s)
- Identify new music trends within your region
- Build and maintain relationships with artists
- Bring the shows onto Keakie through our best in class onboarding platform (Dash for DJs) This will involve:
- Identifying the shows
- Making contact and sharing what Keakie has to offer
- Providing them with the relevant support to onboard their show through the platform
- Work closely with the Head of Curator Relations to constantly improve Keakie
- Represent Keakie in your communities and industry, acting as an advocate for our mission and values
- Support shows through amplifying within your communities and personal social channels
- a passion for music and expert knowledge of your region and selected genre(s)
- a wide ranging network in the music industry
- thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative environment
- exceptional communication and networking skills
- great judgement of high quality audio production
- proficiency in English
- DJ or DJ manager
- Underground record label owner
- Festival programmer/promoter
- Radio programmer
- Major label or freelance A&R
- Music curator
If you've made it this far... then yes, we also think this is the best job in the world. We see this role as supplementing existing employment for anyone who lives and breathes music.
Employment type: Part time contract (remote)
Compensation: £750 per month plus bonus
Start date: Early 2022
To apply for the role, please fill out this form by Monday 3rd of January 2022: https://tally.so/r/mDARb3